This week, hubby went back to work and my daughter went back to school. I can't believe how fast our week off went! :/
Too fast, if you ask me.
BTW, what do you think of my new Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (Horror Classics Series 3) mystery figure? I think she's super cool.
Anyway. Everything going back to normal meant a new to-do list for me:
- Proofread, finalise & sub the UF short story I wrote last month
- Read & review BURNING by Danielle Rollins
- Back up photos on my phone
- Do second draft of monster short story
- Start taking NaNoWriMo notes
And here's what I actually did:
- Read & reviewed BURNING by Danielle Rollins
- Proofread (twice), made final changes & subbed the UF short story (6,872w) set in Sierra's spooky world
- Removed Sept/Oct photos from phone & backed up on drives
- Dusted & reorganised (one of) my toys/collectibles shelves
- Scanned UF short story notes & updated files
- Started reading one creepy book but put it aside because I just couldn't get into it
- Switched to a different creepy book & I'm loving it!
- Started thinking/planning the story I'd like to write during NaNoWriMo next month
- Trimmed my hair
- Caught up on the washing
As you can see, I didn't get the monster story second draft done. On purpose. Mainly because the first three days of the week were so revision heavy that I didn't want to push it. Besides, I've been feeling a little sickish. This crazy hot and cold spring weather is a killer! Plus my daughter got sick last week, then hubby... so of course, it's now my turn. :(
Hopefully it doesn't stick around for long...
I'm actually happy with the progress I made this week, especially since the closing date for the antho I subbed my story to is today! Close one. LOL.
And I'm starting to get super excited about the book I want to write next month. I'm aiming for super creepy and plan to add some of my most fave creepy/spooky things. It'll be fun. (At least, I hope it will.)
Well, that's it for now.
Have an awesome weekend!