Yikes! Can you believe another week is almost over? This year is going way too fast.
Anyway. The production line must keep moving, so I had a bunch of things I wanted to achieve this week:
- Write 5k UF short story featuring a character from the Sierra Fox series
- Brainstorm another shortie
- Clear my out-of-control stationery clutter
- Organise my writing stuff
- Read 13 MINUTES by Sarah Pinborough
Here's what I actually did:
- Wrote first draft of UF short story (6,447w)
- Cleared all the stationery clutter & actually reorganised everything
- Organised my writing stuff to make it easier for me to file & access notebooks, pens, sticky notes, etc.
- Brainstormed & figured out the start (plus other details) for another horror shortie
- Read and reviewed 13 MINUTES by Sarah Pinborough
- Finished reading EVERY EXQUISITE THING by Matthew Quick
There you have it. Another productive week! Yay. :)
I have to admit that I didn't plan/expect to read two books this week, but I'm glad that I did because they were both AWESOME! I've been having such a cool run this month, which is great after so many DNFs last month. LOL.
Oh, you know what else I really enjoyed doing this week? Because I was writing a short story set in Sierra's world I actually grabbed the books in her series and read through them to check some details. And I loved it. It's always a nice combo of exciting and weird when you can read back one of your stories and still love it.
The Sierra Fox series will always have a special place in my heart.♡
The shortie might be set in her world, but it focuses on different monsters and myth. Plus Sierra isn't in it. I can't promise she's not mentioned, though. ;)
Today was my daughter's last day of Term 3, so she now has two weeks off school. I'm still hoping to get a few things done next week, because the week after that, hubby's home. Can't wait!
And on that note, I'll sign out.
Have a great weekend!