Saturday 13 October 2012

Checking in...

I can't believe I haven't had a chance to post here for a whole week! Yikes.
My daughter went back to school last Monday, so I got stuck into my final reading of Sierra Fox #3 at the beginning of the week. This time I sat down on the couch with my Samsung Galaxy Note and read the story from start to finish, to make sure everything made sense. I used Kingsoft Office for Android to make any changes, and then looked them over before accepting them on my laptop.
It was quite a painless process. I love how different it is to read your own story on the computer/laptop screen, as opposed to on a reading device. It makes anything obvious really stand out. I didn't actually find anything too drastic--a few typos, replaced a few words, rewrote some sentences, and made sure everything was consistent with the first two books in the series. Most of it was. (Thank goodness!)

Now, I've just got a few things to double check on Monday, and a synopsis to write. Then, I can submit it. Hoping to get everything finalised sometime next week, but I'd also like to take it easy for a bit. I want to catch up on some reading, and just relax for a while. Well, until the beginning of November, because I want to take part in NaNoWriMo this year.
OMG, before I forget... do you know what happened to me last Sunday? I'd picked out and bought a different hair dye a few months back--different brand and shade--and hubby started the process. Okay, everything was fine at the beginning. I was super excited to try out the new plum shade, curious to see how it would turn out. After five minutes, I started to feel a little strange. Not sure how to explain it, but I felt woozy and my heart was racing. Not to mention that my face was burning up. I told hubby, and we rinsed the dye right off. I was still feeling a little wonky afterwards, so I washed my hair twice--hoping to wash the damn thing away. In the end, I slowly started to feel much better and calmed down.
It was pretty scary, though. I obviously suffered an allergic reaction to the dye. Not sure why, since I'd been using a different one for about two years and never had a problem. It's all very confusing, but I guess I need to go back to the dye I was used to. Though I'd like to try a different colour.
I'm still a little freaked out about the incident, and even a little scared to dye my hair again. :(
Oh, and the weirdest thing is that the dye actually stuck. I was supposed to leave it in for about twenty minutes, but leaving it in for five changed the colour anyway. Freaky!
Well. That's about it. We also celebrated hubby's birthday on Tuesday, went to the dentist today, and my daughter's birthday is coming up this Wednesday. Always something to keep me busy, lol.
Have a good one!

No comments:

Favorites More